Cleaning Your Skylights Before and After Installation
- On the ground, un-box the skylight and remove the labels from the glass.
- Clean the glass with mild soap and water.
- Put skylight back in box to move it onto the roof.
- As needed, about once a year, clean the skylight with mild soap and water.
- Sweep away any built-up debris around the flashing.
- Do not clean the skylight glass when it is in direct sunlight or on a hot day. Streaks and splotches will be left on the glass and you could be burned.
- Do not use ammonia to clean the skylight; it can damage the coating on the glass.
- Do not leave labels on the glass; they will become cemented on by the sun.
- Do not use a blade or anything abrasive to scrape off old labels or other debris; this could chip the coating on the glass.
If you are unable to get on your roof to clean your skylights, you can call or email us to schedule a service appointment.