Did you purchase a VELUX SUN TUNNEL SE or a SunRise Solar Attic Fan in 2010? Remember to claim your tax credits.
What IRS form do you need to claim your tax credit?
For products "placed in service" in 2010, you need to file the 2010 IRS Form 5695 and submit it with your 2010 taxes (by April 15, 2011).
On the 1040 Form, the residential energy tax credit (from form 5695) is claimed on line 52.
What you need to submit and save:
- Save your receipts and the Manufacturer's Certification Statement for your records.
- Submit From 5695 with your taxes.
What is the 30% Federal tax credit?
- By installing a VELUX SUN TUNNEL skylight in your primary residence in 2010, you may receive a tax credit of 30% on the price of the product, up to $1500. Installation cost is not included.
- All solar products: VELUX solar powered blinds, VELUX solar water heating, and SunRise Solar attic fans installed in your primary residence in 2010 may be eligable for a 30% tax credit, includes materials and labor.
What Naturalight Solar, Inc. products meet the tax credit requirements?
- All models of SunRise Solar attic fans
- TMR 010 0030 - 10" pitched flashing unit
- TMR 014 0030 - 14" pitched flashing unit
- VELUX solar blinds
- VELUX solar water heating systems
Check this site for other tax credit programs for 2010: http://energystar.