Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Save money in more ways than one. Right now there is an additional rebate of $750.00 for VELUX Solar Hot Water systems.
Consumers nationwide can take advantage of a federal "cash for appliances" program offering rebates on purchases of a wide array of home appliances certified as energy-efficient by the EPA's Energy Star program.
Heating and cooling equipment, appliances, and water heaters as these products offer the greatest energy savings potential. Energy Star qualified appliance categories eligible for rebates include: central air conditioners, heat pumps (air source and geothermal), boilers, furnaces (oil and gas), room air conditioners, clothes washers, dishwashers, freezers, refrigerators, and water heaters.
How do You Qualify?
All consumers will need to do to get the rebate is simply buy any qualifying Energy Star appliance. Unlike the "cash for clunkers" fuel-efficient vehicle rebate program, you don't even need an old trade-in appliance. In addition, consumers will not be required to haul their bulky old appliances to the dealer in exchange for a new one.
Backed by an initial $300 million in funding from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, the state-run rebate program is intended to help make American homes more energy-efficient while further stimulating the economy.
For more details and rebate forms got to: www.cash4appliances.org
For Free Information on installing a Solar Hot Water Heater in your home contact Naturalight today.
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Several independent studies have shown that the lack of natural light can lead to drowsiness, poor health, bad attitude, and low productivity.
- Schools that make use of skylights and tubular skylights see better concentration and improved test scores.
- Natural lighting in stores produces higher profits and more pleasant employee/customer relations.
- Customers are more relaxed in day-lit stores and can see the products and labels clearly.
- Customers seem to have positive feelings about the day-lit stores and identify those stores with an airy clean feeling.
- A store with skylights is observed to have a higher sales index than an equivalent store without natural light.
- Skylights increase productivity in manufacturing buildings and morale in office buildings.
There is a definite relationship between day-lighting and human performance and there additional benefits to natural lighting as well:
- Lowers your power bills by reducing electricity used to illuminate the room
- Brings less heat into interior spaces unlike electric lights
- Reduces your carbon footprint