The average cost of a 14” VELUX SUN TUNNEL Skylight installed in Santa Rosa is $695.
(Three feet of tubing, one story home, composition roof, including tax) (Tubes come in 10”, 14”, and 22”)
What is it worth?
- Santa Rosa has an average of 256 sunny days per year*.
- On a sunny day the light from a 14” VELUX SUN TUNNEL is equivalent to 400 watts.
- There’s an average of 9 hours of full sun per day.
- 400 watts X 9 hours = 3.6 kilowatt hours per day
- 3.6 kilowatt hours X 256 sunny days = 922 kWh per year
- Take an average electricity rate of $.12 per hour and multiply that by 922 kWh and you get a savings of $111 per year. (Of course the rate of electricity is going to go way up over 20 years, so this value will increase)
- The VELUX SUN TUNNEL is warranteed for 20 years, so $111 X 20 years = $2220 saved from not turning on an electric light during the day.
So a 14” VELUX SUN TUNNEL Skylight is worth at least $2220 just based on the value of electricity.
Add to that the other benefits of installing a VELUX SUN TUNNEL Skylight:
- It adds value to your home
- You get light without heat loss or gain
- You live and work in a more enjoyable environment
- You are happier and are more productive
- You are healthier- Getting enough sun exposure is proving to have many health benefits
- You have used less electricity which means less CO2 in the environment, and more $ in your pocket
Get all the benefits of natural light in your home or office.
Call Naturalight Solar today for a free estimate: 707-527-5330
* According to “Sperling’s Best Places”: http://www.bestplaces.net/climate/city/california/santa_rosa